scenesters the new wankstas?

Tuesday, January 12, 2010


I really hate labels. Jock, Prep, Republican, Democrat. However, thats how we choose to break down society. I'll ramble why i hate labels in another post.

Ive always thought myself to be a pretty creative person. Music, art, theater...anything that evoked emotion made immediate sense to me.

It wasnt until a few months ago that i realized what other people saw me as. The other day my cousins called me a hipster. I took offense to that, i really didnt want to be labeled, and not to get into a"catcher in the rye phase", but i whole-heartedly feel that people like that are posers.

Anyways, i've heard that about me a few more times, so it became weird to me that i see myself completely different than how others see me.

I've developed an owl's sleeping pattern over this winter break, so i resort to watching TV on those sleepless nights.

one of those sleepless nights i switched to MTVU and a seated girl, with fiery red hair donning a tiny yellow shirt with red vest to not match, chucks and skiny jeans graced my TV screen. I was mesmerized by her innocent presence and became excited to learn more about her.

She was advertising her show "my life as liz"...as she saw it( hmm).

my life as liz is a new MTV kinda-reality series, for the people who dont fit "the hills" mold. It's dedicated to the kids who are not rich snobs that actually have real problems to deal with.

when i first saw the commercial for this show. i was in utter shock, because of the words she used to describe herself, "mis-matched sock wearing, Indie rock wearing!, note book drawing..." i thought i found my soul-mate.


i was becoming ecstatic to watch liz and her exploits, and add it on to the only other show i watch faithfully... "Jersey Shore".

with a second glance at her promo, ive gathered that she is just a creation of the media. Another scheme made to prey on a culture.

Liz, before i got the chance to know you, you broke me heart...**tear*


not only is this show dedicated to the kids who are not rich snobs that actually have real problems to deal with, but also to the kids who are rich snobs who try to identify with the "indie/scene/hipster" lifestyle that has become oh sooo desirable.






0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Pocket