It's not what you do, its how you do it

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

A friend reminded me of this quote the other day.

Ive heard many times before, but when it came from her mouth, it spoke an entirely new meaning to me.

my thoughts started roaming for the next few days, it's comes full circle now to where i can pin point my thoughts.

I thoroughly believe in individualism, and the belief that people experience everything differently.

for example; i may look at an object and see purple, where another person could look at the same object and see green. However, we both call it the same color. Im not calling this being color blind either, im calling it "a difference in perception".

Anyways back to my main thought. One word came to me after this quote i heard, "pride".

I have come to believe that pride or lack of pride, is our "drive" in life.

I started looking up quotes on pride, and i found negative quotes about it and positive ones.
Pride has a lot of negative connotations. i think of a prideful person, and i think of a big-headed egotistic maniac.

One of the more memorable quotes was "pride comes before the fall". But, is that really true?
maybe so, but i think it is where you place your pride. you can pride yourself on being neat, respectful for time, being kind or you can have pride in being the best at something; athletics, academics, or being an ass.

I think pride is mostly unattractive when you see it in competition.

As my 4 year long college career comes to a close. I've watched myself experiment with my values, and who i wanted to be. I've watched myself journey from an open -minded conservative, to a close-minded liberal.

I realize that what was lacking in my reasoning, my standing, and my beliefs was pride.
the pride i held in my religion, that molded my being. what kept me the cute, kind, jesus loving kid i used to be.

Pride is not a bad thing. It is what we stand for. it is our beliefs that we come to love in others and ourselves. it is our selfish intentions, our worth that you cannot be someone without. you cannot live a full life without it. Pride inevitably breaks down into love, so pull up them socks, let's get yourself some pride.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Pocket